The brand's history began during the 2nd World War. Having been injured in combat, André Delorme left the front and returned to Rully in Burgundy. Upon his return in 1942, André Delorme founded his own company. His still and sparkling wines rapidly established their reputation and were selected by the finest restaurants.
His son was later to join him and went on to the take over the company a few years later. New vines were planted and the domaine grew to cover a wide range of appellations, amongst the most reputed in the Côte Chalonnaise. Over the years, the reputation of the domaine's wines has gone beyond French borders.
In 2005, the company took on a new direction. Eric Piffaut, Director of the family business also based in Rully, took over at the Maison André Delorme.
New technical and human resources contributed to the company's development. A state of the art vat-house was installed in the Rully cellars. Winemaker Mathieu Joblot took over vinification and ageing, assisted by the renowned French Oenologist Nadine Gublin.